A blog focusing on politics in Central Illinois.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Interesting

Macon County tops list for most Christmas trees harvested in state

We''re the top tree county in the state by a 5,000 trees. I had always taken all of our Christmas tree farms for granted, I figured everyone has them. Their are 3 within 10 miles of me. I guess it's more unusual than I thought. But, then again maybe we can spur some more economic development by becoming the Christmas Tree Capital of the nation, hey it beats having the world's largest indoor water park. We can put it right next to the Lincoln Botanical Garden, which we could locate next to the ski resort built on a mountain made out of garbage. By the way therse are all real ideas, minus the christmas tree idea, that our council or others have pursued in the last 15 years as a means of economic development, some harder than others.