A blog focusing on politics in Central Illinois.

Friday, January 14, 2005

Hynes to run for third term

Dan Hynes will be returning for his to run for his third term as Comptroller. I like Hyne's and appreciate the hard work he is doing for the state, its not a glamorous job. But, he does it well. I hope one day a position opens up for him further up the line, I think he would be a great servant for the state. I was with him in the primary, but I think all of Illinois is a winner for the way it turned out.

"I feel that it's important for people to know that my commitment to the comptroller's office is certainly going to last beyond the next two years," Hynes said. "I believe there's more work to be done in the office. ... I believe I've been a force in budgetary reform, and I want to play a role in bringing about budgetary stability."

He also stressed that he plans to take on a wider range of issues that affect the state, as evidenced by his recent proposal to promote stem-cell research in Illinois.

His stem cell research proposal is a great idea, with what i would assume would be strong bi-partisan support, especially from the more moderate republicans such as Leader Cross. If you have some time check it out. If I find a link outlining it I'll post it, if you find it before me leave the link in the comments.