A blog focusing on politics in Central Illinois.

Monday, January 24, 2005

No!

Sen. Denny Jacobs is leaving us. This in and of itself is a crime. I love Denny Jacobs, he is one of my favorite Senators in that old school pol I'm going to do what I damn well please style.
"It's time for new blood," Jacobs said. "It's a new system out there and it's time for young minds to come to bear."
This in and of itself is terrible, but it appears he wants to foist his son upon us. As much as I love Denny I haven't heard good things about his son. Also missing from this article is anything about Mike Boland, the state rep from that area and Denny's arch enemy. Interestingly enough Mike Boland is one of my favorite reps, because he is the exact opposit of the I'm going to do what I damn well please style. Well Denny when you decide to hang it up, this is one guy that will be missing you.

Moving on, does anyone think that soon there will be a great game of musical chairs going on in the 17th district? With Denny Jacobs hanging it up, and the always there possibility that Lane Evans, MY CONGRESSMAN!, will retire, expect a lot of movement. Do we have any possibilities from the Decatur area to move up? Can any of ours compete with the likes of Paul Mangieri, John Sullivan, or whoever would come out of the QC?