A blog focusing on politics in Central Illinois.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Roger Eddy wants you!

Rep. Roger Eddy came out today in the Herald and Review (no article to link) in support of a bill introduced by himself that would make it mandatory for students to take drug tests to get licenses. I really hate the Republican's idea that the government can only intrude on private life when it doesn't effect me. "Let's see gay marriage, I'm not gay, lets tell them what they can and cant do! Drug testing to get a driver's license, I'm not a student driver, lets do it! Drug tests to get a FOID card or to buy a gun, you get the hell away from me and my gun, this government has no right to intrude on my private life!" Can't have it both ways guys. So quit grandstanding and grow some principles.