A blog focusing on politics in Central Illinois.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Will somebody rationally explain how this works?

I still do not understand this, if you do holler at me in the comments.
The state's first-time Hospital Assessment Program " the so-called "hospital tax" " will increase reimbursement rates to health care organizations that provide services to Medicaid clients. Medicaid is the state-federal health insurance for the poor and disabled.

Decatur Memorial Hospital expects to contribute $4 million and receive $8.7 million, said Gary Peacock, DMH senior vice president and chief executive officer. That means the hospital should net $4.7 million.
Maybe this is how social security privatization makes sense too. Seriously though if someone can explain to me how this works I would appreciate it. I have a dim idea of the basics, but that is about it. By the by, with all this talks of medical care leaving the area, I couldn't help but realize everytime I drive by DMH they are building or adding on something.