A blog focusing on politics in Central Illinois.

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Been searching

I've been searching for a way to put my thoughts of the war in Iraq into a soundbite, this is the closest I've seen to conveying that.

Here's the deal -- a war is worth fighting if you would sacrifice everything you hold dear to fight it.

A war is not worth fighting, if you'd rather maintain your cushy lifestyle and let others do the dying for you, let other families lose their mothers and fathers and spouses and children.

From www.dailykos.com. I remember watching Fahrenheit 9/11 and learning that only one member of congress had a son serving in Iraq. I remember the honor I felt when I met that one member of congress' son who had served in Iraq. We know which party led us to war in Iraq, any guess which party had the son serving in Iraq? Patriotism, flag waving, and wars are easy to embrace when you're not asked to suffer anything for them. Much like the Repulicans at the SOTU who were waving around their purple fingertips. It's a disgrace to all those who have had to literally duck car bombs, mortar attacks, and bullets to take part in the greatest act a proud citizen can do, Vote. But, hey why not try and make yourself look good at the blood, sweat, and tears of others, it's the Republican way.