A blog focusing on politics in Central Illinois.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

H & R endorsements

The Herald & Review announced who they were endorsing today. They are as follows:
  1. Betsy Stockard
  2. Pat McDaniel
  3. Dan Caulkins
Although they are pretty predictable, there are some things to disagree with. For starters,

In recent days, Stockard has been unfairly characterized by Edwards in an article in the Waterloo, Iowa, Courier as not living in the inner city and perhaps not representing the views of all of the black community


Now I cant say I read the Waterloo Courier on a regular basis, but I figured I would check out their website and see what all this fuss is about. The only article with Shad in it on their website mentions nothing about Betsy, so I searched Lexis-Nexis and found nothing as well. I'm not saying the article doesn't exist, but I am saying that if they want to dig for info on candidates they can at least start out by checking out their businesses they run, but more on that in a bit. But, again we're making nothing out of nothing.

Now onto Pat, I won't say much about Pat, I think he would be a decent councilman, would he be a great councilman probably not, would he be a great yes man, probably.

Finally this gem makes it in there:
Our third choice for council is Dan Caulkins, a local businessman. From what we've seen, Caulkins will bring some much-needed small business and customer service expertise to the council, and he promises to keep a closer eye on city expenses. Caulkins appears to be well-versed on issues facing the city and hasn't been afraid during the forums to take some strong stands.
There have been a few allegations tossed out there, and I've been sent some things regarding Dan's small business. Suffice to say, I would not want to recieve that type of customer service, and we'll leave it at that.

Other endorsements
Firefighters
  1. Betsy Stockard
  2. Shad Edwards
  3. Mike Shampine
Cops
  1. Betsy Stockard
  2. Shad Edwards
  3. Mike Shampine
City Workers
  1. Betsy Stockard
  2. Shad Edwards
  3. Mike Shampine
Anyone want to guess who Garman's dogs in this race are?