A blog focusing on politics in Central Illinois.

Friday, April 08, 2005

Obama, us guy vs. them guy

I just stumbled across Sen. Obama's new blog through Rick Klau, and I realized he is an us guy as opposed to a them guy. I guess I should explain what that means, read this then I'll explain:

Good luck to all of you Illini fans out there. Tonight, I'll be watching the game with my staff in Washington. Since we can't actually be in Illinois, we plan to pack as many Illini fans as possible into one room so that it at least feels like we're there. Though I have to say, anything will be better than watching the Illini-Arizona game in Scottsdale, AZ.

When Deron Williams hit that three to take the game into overtime, I yelled so loud that the entire restaurant went silent and turned to stare at us. Surprisingly, from then on the service was a little slower and the waitress wasn't quite as nice. But I guess that's the price you pay for victory.

Call central and request a Senator, they'll send a them guy. A them guy is someone you couldn't imagine yourself being, an us guy is someone who you could imagine being. I don't know about all of you, but when Deron Williams hit that three I went nuts, the whole state erupted, our senator erupted. Obama, he's an us guy, check out his blog.