A blog focusing on politics in Central Illinois.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Ratzinger or Benedict XVI

We have a new pope, or as they might say in the Vatican Habimus Popi, I think. I can't say I'm too happy with Ratzinger as Cardinal. I was hoping the college of cardinals would recognize the fact that the church is growing in areas, and fading in others. Ratzinger represents the old guard, and I think the day is fresh for a new guard. The church should look for ways to make itself grow, and to help its members that need it the most, the members in Africa, Asia, and South America. I'm not saying Ratzinger isnt up for the job, but I think we would be better served by a pope more in touch with these consituencies. Then again there is probably a reason I am not a cardinal. What are your thoughts?