A blog focusing on politics in Central Illinois.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Primary Wrap-up

Gov Dem. - Was anyone suprised by this? The only thing that suprises me is how bad Ed Eisendrath's campaign was. I'm not sure what his point in running was, but someone got rich off it, and it wasn't the people of Illinois.

Gov Rep. - Does Judy Baar remind anyone else of the lady at the end of the bar every night? The one with the raspy voice that is well past her prime? Oh well. Maybe it's just me. I really do expect Rod to win re-election. The only thing the Dem primary served to do is make Rod stronger, not weaker. Yes I said that. Oberweis, please Jim keep running! We love you we really do, see you in '08 pal. Brady - I expect we'll see him in the running to challenge Durbin in 08, good man, too bad about his party. Gidwitz - you scare me, you creepy creepy man.

Treasurer Dem. - In what was not a suprise to me, Star power triumps machine power. Some people billed this as Obama V. Madigan. I billed it more as young up and comer vs. slightly confused will run for anything state's attorney. Luckily the Up and Comer won. Illinois has quite the stable of young candidates and office holders. Hopefully Alexi will add to the ranks.

County Board District 7 - Really does the county board matter? Does it matter who is on their? The same things are going to be done, just my honest opinion. I'll boil it down to this, I dont care.

Cook County Board President - Unfortunately Stroger wins. Not that Claypool is the reformer he claims to be, but he would have been better for the future. I prefer candidates that look to the future, instead of those who grasp the past.

99th District - Cahnman wins over Redpath in the battle of who is less of a sleaze? Can't help but think the Illinois Times article on Redpath's brother helped his defeat, just like Cahnman's proposition helped his victory. Either way, both were headed to defeat in November.

Races you care to talk about?
Comments?

Just a prediction, but the Dems will hold all the consitutional offices come next January.